1. Ron Pisaturo compares two scenes in the Atlas Shrugged movie to the book. He shows how small changes can turn dialogue from romantic to naturalistic. This is a must-read for fiction writers.
2. Onkar Ghate reveals what is wrong with environmentalism. (Like everything.) This is the stuff you only get from Objectivists.
3. Barry Rubin writes that Hamas is moving toward war with Israel.
Hamas can fire an advanced anti-tank rocket because the Egyptian revolution has ended a regime that acted in its own interest to block most arms shipments to Hamas. The Egypt-Gaza border is now open. Terrorists and superior weapons are flooding into Gaza.
4. Marian Wright Edelman gives us the leftist case against budget cuts, and leaves no liberal cliche behind. You see, the Republicans want to rob from poor children in order to give money to corporations. You knew that, right? Her argument is economically ignorant but full of moral indignation — and that’s all she needs to flummox conservatives.
5. Yaron Brook on Capitalism Without Guilt, with a good Q&A session.